Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm Back

After 4 months away from playing poker for a living I'm back and enjoying it more than ever. I moved to Thailand in September and arrived back last week after a really nice break from poker. I was still playing poker 4-5 days a week but without the presure of having to make money from it. I feel in this time I have Improved my game by at least 30% by adding some new gears to a car that really only had 2 previously. I've only realised that poker is about playing people and that was something foreign to me. I relied on playing cards and anyone can do it when you get good cards. Friday was my first live game in Waterford for months and I ended up finishing 2nd in the €75 freezeout for €350 odd profit and then made another €170 in the cash game afterwards. Played online Sunday and no cards or luck in any of the three tournaments I played but thats poker. Went back into the Olympus in Waterford again on Monday and Won the €45 freezeout for €320 + a ticket to the December Monthly €150 game. Also played some cash afterwards for a small profit. So my first tournaments back I got a 1st and 2nd so Happy enough and helps the confidence. Tonight I'm going to play THE HENDON MOB league game on Full tilt, bubbled it last week. This week it is Pot limit Hold'em which I love in tournaments. Plan to head into The Olympus for some cash after this tournament. Hopefully Iwill have more positive results to post in my next entry.

No comments: