Monday, January 26, 2009

Life's best lesson "TILT"

Ok, I have it again..the worlds worst disease.......Tilt.

On Saturday night I sat down for my usual 4-6 tables of $1-2 pot limit Omaha.
After 2 hours and a few bad beats I'm playing $5-10 and tilting like crazy.
I end the night down a LOT, and go to bed feeling like this is the end of my poker.
After 2 or 3 hours of feeling so bad I finally fall asleep and when I wake up the following morning I don't get up. Last night I've lost thousands that it took me weeks to make. So what do I do?
Feel bad all day Sunday and think to myself is this all really worth it?. People look at poker players and think Ohhh he made $2k yesterday while sitting at home or on a beach and I wish I had his job. Yea its great...until you have a BAD day. I've had a number of businesses over 14yrs and I've never had an experience like Saturday night. So anyone that thinks poker is a great career path, think again. Anyway Monday I get up and open my account to see the real damage on my account and my god it hurt. But I either give up or get better...!!! So by Monday night I have most of my losses back I really need to make sure I never tilt like that again.
No plans for any tournaments live or online.

Cinema: Go and see " Seven pounds" wow what a film 10/10.
"Valkyrie" with tom cruise is ok 4/10.
This is my new afternoon hobby. Coffee in Tatlers coffee shop (best coffee in Ireland" followed by Cinema. The perfect day lol
Betting: Golf, Paul Casey this week in Dubai dessert classic 28-1 e/w.

On my holiday trip..deffo stopping in Bangkok and also gonna do a beach for 5-7 days.
I'm gonna stay here in Bangkok http://bangkok.lebua.com/facilities-en.html my brother was the construction manager when they built this in the 1990's. Bring on the Sun.

No comments: