Thursday, April 23, 2009

The KILLERS in Las Vegas & Poker

I went to see THE KILLERS in Paris last month and they were so good that when we saw that they were playing in their home town "Las Vegas" we just had to go.
They were opening the Hard Rock hotel's rock venue "The Joint" as it had undergone a massive upgrade so we checked in for 5 nights and wow what a show.
For anyone going to Vegas the Hard Rock is a bit out of the way but it is just one big party venue. The poker room their is small with about 15 tables but very good action after 10pm and max $4 rake "Irish clubs listen".

The WPT $25k tourny was on in the Bellagio and it was amazing to walk into a room with the world's top players all in one room at one time...mind blowing.

My better half know's Daniel Negreanu through something totally unrelated to poker and we got to meet him and have a chat (none of which was about poker) which was very cool. He is such a nice down to earth guy.

The weather is getting very hot there and I can't wait to go back in June.
I played about 16hrs of cash and payed for the trip which was great, I've never seen such bad poker tourists in my life....I wanna live there.

Ohhh food...go to Lavo in the Venetian. Amazing garlic bread and seafood pasta and calamari.

Thats it for now. Gonna grind some cash and tournys to get a bankroll for my June trip.

No comments: